Thursday, June 11, 2020

'SOUND and SILENCE'


 What is that noise what is that sound , might be hard to ID that sound for some but it is called silence a very hard thing to find in most places  and its scary to some ...I always seek it out when I can but it is getting harder for me to find it as I'm getting a bit limited as where I can go to find real silence . My ability to trek into the remote places I love is being hindered by my age as my ability declines though I fight it but the reality is  i have already gone thru the door of 82 at the time of this writing. my family doesn't like me heading out alone anymore and in reality i think they are right as much as i don't like it...However i do not want to be the headline in the news .. stupid 82 year old etc etc,,, but i still long for the silence that you can hear...

 When you have true silence and can hear the leaves rustle as a small critter moves through them  still gets my attention  as i wonder what is that . When i can hear a humming bird flutter by or a ravens wings as  he  looks down on me . Have  you ever heard a  leaf that is falling hit the ground its a sound like no other .  I  used to love it when my dogs would come running to me from far off and at times it sounded like wild horses  hoofs hitting the ground as they got closer , what a sound . 

True silence allows one to hear things we don't think about  but there they are  making a sound like nothing else , even as my own hearing is not so sharp anymore  i can still hear things from the earth created by the critters  and the wild  plants  in the wilderness., as a breeze moves through the leaves  i find it to be wonderful .

 Although i know i'm missing a lot at this stage  but i feel for some reason that my hearing improves when i'm in a silent place , might just be my imagination but i like to think it is not.

I urge you to try and find  that silent place of your own and learn to enjoy no noise no traffic no phone no music for the wild places make a music of its own . 


 by Dude McLean

No comments:

Post a Comment