Friday, May 15, 2015

DudeThe Blue Collar Critic Strikes

DudeThe Blue Collar Critic Strikes

 Just saw the film Mad Max , I have renamed it Mad Maxine.. 

 Full of spectacular crashes very little CGI.. Very cool. 

 However thats about all I can say that was well done. The landscape was bleak and had good look
 The so called lead spent most of the time as a  victim strapped to the front grill of a truck and his face was covered by an iron mask , looking at him was like looking through a picket fence. The bad ass was Charlize Theron . The so called story line was full of holes and they were glaring. 
The cars and trucks were very sophisticated and very cool . Water and gas were the thing but you already know that if you have seen the Mel Gibson Mad  Max movies. 

 I was really looking forward to this film , very let down , not worth your  time or money.. it will be on video in a heartbeat. However if you are easy to be entertained this could work for you , the so called story line was almost a story. I hate to attack it but it left me with no choice. Half the time could not understand what was being said. rating is one Dude out of ten.. What you ask are my qualifications  as a critic, nothing more than anyone else , just a movie buff who likes to see  a film well played out with some redeeming qualities, a solid  story line that draws you into  the actors role . The film failed in all of those qualities. Just my opinion and yours may be different. I would wait to see it on TV . Might also be a generational thing as I am entering my 78th year...  and tend to be very critical. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure your spot on, thanks for the heads up.
    Spyder

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Spyder, Trying to be fair here ..but this robbed the mad max idea and added nothing of value.

    Dude

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dude, will hold off and watch it when it is released to Netflix and save my $$$. ;)

    ReplyDelete